At Playworks we believe in the power of play to bring out the best in every kid.
Playworks is a national nonprofit organization that improves school climate, reduces bullying and increases student engagement in school through play and physical activity. Through both our training programs and our on-site direct service, Playworks teaches children to resolve their own conflicts that arise at recess and carry over to the classroom, restoring valuable teaching and learning time. We help transform recess into a safe, fun and inclusive time that gets students active and engaged so they can return to the classroom focused and ready to learn. For more information, please visit www.playworks.org.
Playworks is looking for an experienced Senior HR Generalist to manage the day-to-day operation of Human Resources department. In this position you will participate in a wide range of tasks and projects in all disciplines of HR especially onboarding and offboarding, risk management and compliance, performance management, training and development, benefits and compensation and HRIS system. You will collaborate closely with the HR Director providing strategic management and expertise in several specific HR discipline areas.
From the national headquarters office in Oakland, our team supports hundreds of committed and playful staff providing direct service and training to students and communities in 23 regions across the country. This is a great opportunity for a dynamic and self-motivated individual interested in playing a key role in a growing HR team for a fast-paced, respectful, fun and playful organization.
- Recommend, design and lead implementation of HR systems, processes and strategies.
- Identifying, interpreting and facilitating policies and procedures with special attention to continuity of company values and to compliance and risk management issues
- Design and implement training and development needs
- Manage all aspects of benefits programs including design, administration and communication of benefits
- Prepare compensation analyses and manage compensation procedures
- Oversee maintenance of records and HR analytic reports development and preparation
- Serve as a primary employee relations contact for all staff and as a HR business partner to managers, providing consultation, identifying solutions and implementing action on wide range of talent issues including coaching and counseling, investigations, document preparation, etc. for hiring, termination, discipline and performance improvement
- Support performance management process including ensuring effective processes and providing guidance and coaching to managers and staff
- Participate in full-cycle recruiting efforts
- Supervise HR team members
- Minimum of 10 years in dedicated HR roles
- BA/BS required with PHR or SPHR highly desirable.
- Solid broad knowledge of employment law and HR practice with particular expertise and deep experience in training, benefits and compensation, compliance, performance management and/or employee relations
- Excellent computer skills with extensive experience with HR management and information systems and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated experience in implementing systems, managing projects through successful implementation and recommending and designing talent-related policies/procedures
- Superb verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strategic mindset and analytic approach with willingness to be hands-on and assume tactical job duties.
- Strong customer service orientation and professional, collaborative approach.
- Reputation for integrity, good judgment and dedicated work ethic with desire for ownership of process and product success
- Knowledge and experience working in non-profit organizations and organizations serving vulnerable and youth populations preferred
- Willingness to PLAY and sensitivity to community we serve
- Competitive nonprofit salary
- Employer-paid health coverage
- Access to employee-funded pre-tax health and child care spending accounts
- Paid vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Please no phone calls
- Position will remain open until filled
- Playworks employees please visit the HR Google site to submit your resume and cover letter
As an equal opportunity program, Playworks encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, or physical ability, and evaluates all candidates on a merit basis.