As much as we like to think we can do it all sitting on our couches, we can’t. That’s why we host and support events that go beyond the firm handshakes and how-do-you-do’s and into the heart of what people want: tipping conversation into action.
Here is MPLS shares the stories of 13 honorees who are making a splash in Minneapolis, creating ripples of action and positive change throughout the city. You can experience these ripples for yourself, live at Open Streets! Meet the honorees, learn more about the program, and dig into the narratives that shape our city — all while enjoying an afternoon with your neighbors. Open Streets Cedar Riverside is free for all to attend! No tickets needed. View Full Event Recap
Quincy Hall, 1325 Quincy St NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413
Pollen and AARP Minnesota are proud to present the 2022 50 Over 50 list. Join us as we recognize and celebrate 50 incredible Minnesotans over the age of 50 who are challenging outdated beliefs about aging, living life on their own terms, and improving the lives of others.
View Full Event Recap
The Trailhead, 1221 Theodore Wirth Pkwy, Minneapolis, MN 55422
We deserve a space to celebrate, reflect back on the past two years, and gather in this new weird world. Come practice being human with us on Thursday, June 30, from 6:00 to 9:00 PM at The Trailhead in Theodore Wirth Park! View Full Event Recap
Connect with 50 Over 50 honorees and others from across Minnesota who have mastered the art of aging well through their volunteer efforts, and learn about opportunities to get more involved in your community.
View Full Event Recap
Join us on June 1 for a community conversation as we collectively imagine an idealized future for Minneapolis and St. Paul and examine the pathways and obstacles to realizing that future. View Full Event Recap
Leaders aren’t always bosses and bosses aren’t always leaders. At Pollen's #LIKEABOSS events you can expect personified animals, honest and personal stories, and a call to action to change the culture of leadership no matter your role. View Full Event Recap
Minneapolis Institute of Art | 2400 3rd Ave S Minneapolis, MN 55404
Intentionally integrated with Pollen’s editorial, Pollen Live brings the isolated, digital reading experience into real-life community, drenches it in multimedia goodness, and drives attendees towards deeper connection and action. View Full Event Recap
Machine Shop | 300 2nd St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414
Work Redux brings together hundreds of women and non-binary leaders spanning diverse backgrounds to reimagine the future of the workplace. Join Pollen’s Work Redux community for a discussion about channeling our collective rage toward action. View Full Event Recap
McNamara Alumni Center | 200 SE Oak St Minneapolis, MN 55455
Pollen and AARP Minnesota are proud to present the 2019 50 Over 50. Join us as we recognize and celebrate 50 of the most inspiring and accomplished leaders in Minnesota who are over the age of 50. View Full Event Recap
Internet Explorer Detected
We see that you're using Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, our site isn't going to look very good in IE. Click Get Chrome to check out Google Chrome and get a better internet experience.
Terms And Conditions
Pollen Midwest Terms of Service
Last Updated: June 1, 2015
Thanks for visiting www.pollenmidwest.org (the “Site”), which is owned and operated by Pollen Midwest. These Terms of Service (“Terms”) govern your use of the Site. Please read them carefully.
1. Accepting Our Terms. By using the Site, you agree to be bound by all of the terms below. If you don’t agree to all of the terms below, please discontinue use immediately. If a term is unclear, please let us know by e-mailing us at: email@example.com
2. Terms of Service Updates. Pollen may modify these Terms of Service at any time by posting updates here. Your continued use of the Site after any modification constitutes your acceptance of the updated Terms. Please check back often.
3. Third-Party Sites and Services. The Site may contain links to third party websites or resources. Such links do not constitute any endorsement of information, products or services that may be found there. We are not responsible for the content or performance of any third party site. Use of third party sites and resources is at your own risk and subject to the terms of service of those sites and services.
4. Appropriate Use. In exchange for the right to access and use the Site, you agree to the following:
A. Not to use the Site in any illegal manner or for any illegal purpose or in any manner that could damage, disable or impair the Site;
B. Not to alter or modify any content on the Site without the express written permission of Pollen;
C. Not to post, transmit or share material that you do not have the right to post, transit or share or that is obscene, defamatory or invasive of the privacy of any person;
D. Not to use the site to harass or intimidate any person.
5. Ownership of Pollen Materials. The names Pollen and Pollen Midwest, our logos, designs, text, graphics, pictures and all other content on the site (collectively “Content”) is the property of Pollen Midwest or the individuals who created it. It is protected under U.S. and international copyright and trademark law. We grant you the right, subject to these Terms of Service, to view, use, share and link to Content. Please do not alter, print or sell Content without or express written permission. If you do, we may pursue legal action against you.
6. Disclaimer or Warranties. Pollen makes no representation or warranty about the completeness, accuracy, or adequacy of any information, facts, opinions, statements or recommendations contained on the Site.
The Site may be unavailable from time to time due to maintenance or malfunction of computer equipment or for various other reasons. We assume no responsibility or liability for malfunctions or other problems with any hosting services, computer systems, servers or providers, equipment or software used in connection with the Site.
Pollen cannot guarantee that any content, including user submitted content, will be maintained on the site or in any archive. You agree that Pollen has no responsibility or liability for the deletion of, or the failure to store, any submitted content. We retain the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion, at any time, with or without notice.
Pollen is not responsible for any damage resulting from any such security breach, or from any virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer line failure or any other technical or other malfunction. Users should also be aware that transmissions via wireless connections, networks, or the Internet may not be secure, and you should consider this before submitting any information to anyone using such systems.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT:
YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. POLLEN EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
7. Governing Law. The Terms of Service are governed by the laws of the State of Minnesota and the United States of America.
8. Termination. If you violate any of the Terms of Service, we have the right to suspend or disable your access to or use of Pollen.
9. Entire Agreement.These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and Pollen Midwest, Inc. regarding the use of the Site and supersede any prior agreements.
10. Contact Us. If you have any questions about these Terms of Service, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: June 1, 2015
1. Information We Collect.Pollen users are not required to provide any information when they visit the Services. However, we may ask for some or all of the following information when users join or register with the Services, submit content, register for events, or directly contact us:
A. Contact information, such as name, display name, e-mail address, organization name, site password, zip code, and telephone number;
B. Payment information, such as credit card number and expiration date;
C. Correspondence and other information that you send to us; and
D. Additional information described to you at the point of collection and subject to your consent.
We may also collect the following information automatically when you visit the Services:
A. Your browser type and operating system;
B. Your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
2. Use of Information. We may use information that we collect through the Services for the following purposes:
A. To conduct demographic analysis on our users;
B. To provide information you request and respond to correspondence that we receive from you;
C. To customize and personalize your use of the Services;
D. Contact you with surveys, legal notices, and other information that may be relevant to your use of the Services;
E. As otherwise described to you at the point of collection and subject to your consent.
3. Sharing of Information. It isour policy not to share your information with third parties.We do reserve the right to share your information with third parties in the following limited circumstances:
A. In order to protect the legal rights, safety, and security of Pollen Midwest;
C. To comply with or respond to law enforcement or legal process or a request for cooperation by a government or other entity, whether or not legally required.
We may also disclose certain aggregate website usage and demographic information that does not describe or identify individual users.
4. Data Security We have procedures in place to help protect against theft, loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or destruction of the information you provide to us. No data transmission or storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit or disclose to us and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information. In the event of a breach, we will notify you via email as soon as we can.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. Please notify us immediately if you discover any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
6. Third Party Sites and Services. Pollen utilizes third party vendors Stripe, MailChimp and EventBrite for ecommerce, newsletters and ticketing, respectively. These sites are not under the control of Pollen and have their own terms of service and privacy policies. We encourage you to review them.
7. Communications Preferences. You may choose not to receive promotional emails, newsletters, or communications from us. You may opt out of receiving emails from us by clicking on the “update subscription preferences” or “unsubscribe from this list” links included in the e-mails you receive. Please note that opt-out requests may take up to 14 business days to be effective.